Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Letter

Dear Ms. Gerjevic, 
  
It was so very nice to meet you last week. You seem amazing (and super-young and super-cute, but whatever.) and you were exactly the teacher I was hoping Landon would get. I have heard so many amazing things about you and your teaching skills. 
But you see, in exactly two hours a large, full school bus is going to pull up in to my neighbors yard and take my boy to your class. I am so not ready. But have no fear, Ms. G...Landon is so ready. You don't really know Lan-Man yet, and you're in for a ride with this one! He is such a special boy. I realize that he is no more special than all of the kids in your class. But this one? This one is mine. Landon is full of wonder and excitement. He believes in all good. He is thoughtful and wild and he has a killer imagination. He seems so little, yet I know he is ready. I have tried my hardest in the past 6 years to do my best and teach him as much as I could through love and experience and now it is my turn to step back and watch him fly (this part may take a short amount of time, as "stepping back" does not come quite so naturally to me). Damn, I hope I have done enough. I hope I have done enough because now, he is entering your class. My Landon will now spend more time with you during the week than he will with me and that is a huge pill to swallow. That's the very hardest part of it all, the time away. Please, please take care of my boy. Please protect him and don't protect him at the same time. He is good. He is sweet. He is funny. He is a Kindergartener. He is yours. And I am so grateful that you are ours. 
Partners we shall be, Ms. G. You take the lead and I will promise to be okay following for a while! :)
Thank you, 
LeAnn Cruce
(Landon's Momma)  
Photobucket

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oh my gosh, this will be my in a couple of years, and as I was reading your writing (which will probably be exactly how I feel) the tears are swelling up in my eyes....You nailed it!