Monday, August 20, 2012

Prepping For The Big K

With school starting (tomorrow!), these last couple of weeks have been filled with back to school activities!  It's been fun. I still know that come tomorrow, I will be in a heap of tears watching my big boy get on the bus, but I still need to write about the fun we have been having getting ready for Kindergarten!


First on the list...school clothes shopping! Oh man, this was always an event in my house growing up. I have a feeling, that with two sons, it will be less exciting for the boys! But I still wanted to make sure that I took Landon and that we had a blast! Success!

We found some things he really liked...

And some things he really didn't like! :)


I still love that my guy lets me hold his hand. I wonder how much longer that will last?
Forever maybe? Ahhh...a momma can wish...





We also went school supply shopping. This was bittersweet for me. The whole time, my head was spinning trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I am shopping for school supplies with my baby. Even typing it feels funny. Landon had a blast deciding which supplies he wanted and Scott had a blast deciding which pack of glue sticks had more bang-for-our-buck.:)  Ha! 



We had been tracking Landon's backpack through UPS. We knew excatly which cities his new pack had traveled to get to our house. We knew the scheduled delivery time too, so when the UPS truck pulled up, we were ready, baby! 

Landon couldn't wait to rip the box open and see his backpack!

One happy boy! :):)


And finally, we had Back To School Night. The night where the kids and parents get to go and see the classroom and meet the teacher. It was fun for all of us! I was so anxious about the teacher Landon would get and who would be in his class. I just wanted everything to be perfect! And ya know what? It was!!! We got the exact teacher I was hoping he would get!  And as for his classmates...
Sorry in advance, Mrs. Gerjavic! :)





Photobucket

No comments: