Thursday, September 27, 2012

Meals On Wheels

I have been fairly obsessed with "freezer cooking" for about 6 weeks now. In fact, I forced 5 other gals to be in a "freezer club" with me (all 5 love it now!*ahem*). 


Today, my mom and I decided that freezer cooking would be a great thing to do for grandma and grandpa...it was perfect! 
My dear grandma is sick and could use a little help wherever she can get it. 
I want them to be able to have a healthy, hot meal each night that a family member isn't able to be with them. Something good and hearty to eat when they are not feeling their best. 
It's so easy to do too. 
And they deserve it. 
And I like doing it.
And I like forcing my mom to do things I like.
:)

We picked recipes (for old people. think casseroles.) that would freeze well, went to the store and started cooking our butts off!
When it was all said and done, we made my grandparents 9 meals that would each feed them twice. So really, 18 meals for them to have in their freezer. All they have to do is defrost, bake or warm and enjoy. ;) 
And the best part? All of the meals took my mom and I about 2 1/2 hours to bake and clean-up!
It felt so good to be doing something with my mom, for our loved ones that we know they will use and enjoy. Something they need
It's hard to give a grandparent a gift. They want for so little. 
This felt nice. 



Then, we put the meals in mom's car and she drove off in her very own Meals On Wheels delivery vehicle! 

:)


Grandma and Grandpa loved the food. 
I'm sure they felt cared about.
It was so great to do something for them

Now, stop being slackers and go make some freezer meals for your grandparents! 


Photobucket

No comments: