Thursday, October 4, 2012

Shove It Up Your Hatch


Scott and I may or may not have had a fight discussion last week.
Somehow, both of us think we do soooo much. 
Marriage is a competition, you know.
Oh, it's not? 
Ok, well whatever, on with my story...

Today, as I was putting all of my groceries in the car, I couldn't open the hatch to our (new) car. I tried everything. I could hear it unlocking, but I wouldn't budge. It wasn't coming up on it's own with the push of a button as it usually does. 
It did this yesterday too and I was frustrated.

I was going to call Scott and tell him all about the hatch-drama when it dawned on me.
I could just look up the number to the GMC dealership right there, call them and get this fixed.
And that's exactly what I did.
I called and told them that I needed that hatch fixed today.  
I hurried home, unloaded the groceries, and proudly drove to Randy Reed to get this taken care of. 

All on my own.

Scott was going to be so proud of me when he gets home and asks about my day. I could tell him that I "worked-out, when to the grocery store, played with Kellen and oh yeah, I got the car fixed! No big deal, honey. I just called, made an appointment and got it fixed."  Holla!

I got to the dealership, explained to them my problem and took a seat with Kellen in the lobby.
I unloaded the books and toys I brought with us for the wait...who knows how long it will take them to fix a hatch motor. I knew it would probably be hours. 

Exactly 17 seconds later the man comes out and tells me that he has fixed the hatch.
I was amazed. Wow!
He told me to follow him so he could show me something.
He opened the frond door of the car and showed me a little switch, about two inches below the radio dials, that reads "off" and has a little picture of a trunk up. 
The damn switch was off.
The sweet man laughed, patted me on the back and lied to me told me that this wasn't the first time that had happened. Ugh...so embarrassing. 
Damn. Damn, damn, damn. 

Well, I must run. I am on my way outside to fix a scratch I put on the car on the third day we had it. 
The dealership gave me a free bottle of our car paint as I walked out.
This should be super-fun. I have never painted a car.

What could go wrong?



 
 

  
Photobucket

No comments: