Thursday, January 10, 2013

Magic

I know it will stink one day for Kellen to have a birthday so close to Christmas.
Last year, I failed as a mama. He got a birthday lunch at Chuck-E-Cheese.
Barf. I have promised myself that from here on out I will ALWAYS make the effort to make it special. Because he is special. Special but spoiled. And the thought of Kellen getting any more toys was killing me. This child has everything and more. I always try to be giving, but in December I try to kick it up a notch . This year, poor Kellen was the one who had to suffer! ;)

The day of Kellen and Brady's birthday party was hectic. Brooke and I were running around from the time we opened our eyes. We had desserts to bake and decorations to put up and donuts to pick up and milk to buy and a million more things to do. We were both feeling the pressure. After literally months of planning, we just wanted everything to be perfect...  

The party ended up being one of the best times of my life. We invited everyone we know and love. And as families walked in, Brooke and I saw that our hard work was totally worth every second. So many families came. Smiles everywhere. Babies running around in Christmas pajamas. Cookie crumbs all over. Gifts for the needy piled higher than I ever imagined.  The room was filled with joy.  Just looking around made my heart swell to ten times it's size.  Tears are streaming as I write because of the amount of love and happiness that we packed into that room that magical night.



A certain three year old didn't leave the dessert table's side. All. Night. Long











And when our special guests arrived? Oh lord, be still my heart. I almost freaking lost it. And I hid my teary face behind a camera as I watched the most amazing, gentle man greet my guests. I saw all of the babies that I love fill with magic. And Christmas, for me, came alive. 


  
 I couldn't have been happier with Santa. I didn't know what to expect when I hired him, but I was absolutely expecting less than the perfection that showed up! One by one, the babies shyly walked up to Santa and Mrs. Claus and told them their wishes. Ahhh...I would live it 100 times over if I could!!


But the most important part of the night, was the amazing-ness that accumulated to the left of Santa.
I can't believe the generosity that came that night. Scratch that. I can totally believe the generosity that came that night.    
 
In one word, the night was magic. I even saw the magic in Scott's eyes. And he knew how much Santa cost, so to see anything but mad in his eyes was a total win. ;););) 
My amazing family that all came to celebrate. OMG it was perfect! 


Happy Birthday, Sweet Boys. You don't even know how awesome what you did was, but one day you will. And one day you will be proud because you made a difference on your birthday. Here's to hoping that you make these selfless decisions when your mamas don't force you to...We might be pushing it! 


Photobucket

1 comment:

theinglehartfamily said...

Best party ever! Such a magical night indeed. Thank you for having us come and enjoy the wonder and whimsy. -Stephanie