Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful

Blogging immediately is important for many reasons, but the most important is so you can recount the days honestly and freshly. When you are a mama, the days fly by. Thanksgiving feels like it was 300 days ago. But there are definitely things I remember so well I will never forget. 


 First things first...A healthy Thanksgiving breakfast! ;)

And then, seriously, the most important thing of the whole day, forcing the boys to watch watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade because it reminds me (so vividly) of my dad. We would lay in his bed every Thanksgiving morning and watch it with him.


 And sweet Scott, doing what he can to help while simultaneously listing to the Tigers on a child-size radio. Poor man.


And then, let the festivities begin...

My mama does such a great job of making this holiday special. She always does it by herself, but the last few years I have enjoyed, so much, helping her prepare the meal. I love that she comes over early and we are together all day! It really is my favorite holiday!

Since daddy is gone, Scott becomes the "man" of the house and carves the turkey.



This year has been a doozy for these two. Its been hard on them and we all know that. I think everyone was extra thankful this year for them.






No Thanksgiving meal is complete without a Harpos cup! Ha


After all of these years...Still barely married. ;)

Coffee with Grandpa. Special to me. 



 And finally, Scott. Doing what he calls "the most important part about Thanksgiving". Lounging and football.

Photobucket

No comments: